Five Kansas & Missouri remodeling and renovation contractors have agreed to pay the EPA nearly $132,000 in fines and penalties due to violations of the EPA Lead Based Paint Remodeling, Repair and Painting (RRP) Rule.
The EPA claims the following companies did not comply with the lead-safe work practices required during renovations:
- Brasstacks Inc. – Kansas City, KS
- CertaPro Painters – Florissant, MO
- Chaney Windows & Doors, LLC – Maryland Heights, MO
- Two States Exteriors, LLC – Kansas City, KS
- Window Nation, LLC – Lenexa, KS
All companies, organizations, and individuals that perform or offer to perform renovation work in virtually all pre-1978 buildings are required to be Certified and must have individuals on staff that have attended a one-day Lead Certification Class.
Lead-Safe work practices designed to minimize, contain and clean-up lead contaminated dust must be used. Fines for not being Certified can be as much as $40,000 per day / per violation.
To get Certified, just click on your closest city below, chose your date and register online:
- St. Louis MO Lead Certification Classes
- Kansas City MO / KS Lead Certification Classes
- Or Call 1-888-840-8388
For more information or to see the EPA Press Release: https://www.epa.gov/newsreleases/epa-fines-kansas-and-missouri-home-renovators-lead-based-paint-violations